Start Date: ASAP
Windows Management Experts (WME) is looking for a motivated & experienced Director of IT to join one of our clients. Ultimately, you will report to the VP of Technology. As the Director of IT, you will play a pivotal role in shaping our technology strategy and ensuring that their IT infrastructure meets current and future business needs.
You will work with a dedicated team of IT professionals and collaborate closely with other departments to drive innovation, improve efficiency, and maintain the highest standards of data security and availability. The ideal candidate will be a dynamic leader with a strong background in cloud technologies, databases, reporting, data warehousing, and analytics.
That said, the resource must have the ability to safely and successfully perform the essential job functions consistent with the ADA, FMLA, and other federal, state, and local standards, including meeting qualitative and/or quantitative productivity standards.
Lastly, WME is looking for some exceptional communication & interpersonal skills in our new team member. The candidate’s toolbox must be complete and diverse. From being technically savvy to displaying a vigorous passion for learning beyond their traditional areas of expertise, they must be an asset to the company.
- Bachelor’s degree in Information Technology, Computer Science, or a related field (Master’s degree preferred).
- Proven experience (5+ years) in IT leadership roles, with a track record of successful project management and
- team management.
- Hands-on technical expertise in cloud platforms, particularly Microsoft Azure and Amazon Web Services.
- Strong knowledge of cloud database management, reporting tools, data warehousing, and analytics.
- Proficiency in data analytics tools (e.g., Tableau, Power BI) and data warehousing technologies.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, with the ability to collaborate effectively with cross-functional teams.
- Strong problem-solving and decision-making abilities.
- Knowledge of cybersecurity best practices and compliance standards.
- Strategic thinker with a customer-centric approach to IT solutions.
- Strong project management and budgeting skills.
- Industry certifications (e.g., AWS Certified Solutions Architect, Microsoft Certified Azure Administrator) are a plus.
- Must be able to talk, listen, and speak clearly on the telephone and in person.
- This position is characterized by typically physically light, administrative work. Still, it does require occasional heavy work requiring the exertion of 100 pounds of force occasionally, up to 50 pounds of force frequently, and up to 20 pounds of force repetitively to lift, carry, push, pull, and reposition objects.
- Ability to remain stationary at a keyboard for extended periods of time and continuously operate a computer and other office productivity machinery, such as a calculator, copy machine, and printer.
- Ability to manipulate objects and demonstrate small, precise movements repetitively.
Responsibilities of the Director of IT:
- Strategic Leadership: Assist in the development and execution of the company’s IT strategy in alignment with
- overall business objectives.
- Hands-On Expertise: Be a hands-on leader, actively participating in technical projects and providing guidance to
- the IT team.
- Project Management: Allocate resources effectively to meet project and operational needs.
- Cloud Expertise: Leverage your experience with cloud platforms, including Microsoft Azure and Amazon Web
- Services, to optimize our cloud infrastructure and services.
- Data Warehousing: Lead efforts to establish and maintain data warehousing solutions for efficient data storage and retrieval.
- Data Management: Oversee the implementation and maintenance of cloud databases, ensuring data accuracy, availability, and security.
- Reporting: Drive the development and enhancement of reporting systems to support data-driven decision-making across the organization.
- Analytics: Promote the use of advanced analytics and data-driven insights to improve business operations.
- Compliance: Ensure IT systems and practices comply with industry standards, regulations, and security best practices.
- Vendor Management: Manage relationships with IT vendors and service providers, ensuring value for the organization.
- Travel: Some travel may be required for conferences, meetings, and on-site support as needed
- All other duties – perform all other duties as assigned, including carrying out responsibilities, performing duties, using skills, and working in conditions necessary to perform all assigned tasks.
- Integrity (Doing What’s Right)
- Inclusion (Encouraging Diversity)
- Teamwork (Working Together)
- Excellence (Being Your Best)
- Accountability (Taking Personal Responsibility)
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status.