Start Date: ASAP
Windows Management Experts (WME) is looking for a motivated and experienced Hybrid AD Migration Engineer Role to join one of our client companies. The candidate should be a complete Migration expert and their primary responsibility will be to execute, manage, and remediate our client’s migration-related issues.
They have a subsidiary that they want to move into the parent domain. They already have trust between the two domains to include AD sync in the cloud. They wish to consolidate as soon as possible before they sign a new Enterprise Agreement with Microsoft. The client would like to complete the migration by the end of the year. They have Sharegate and AvePoint licensing and may be able to leverage these for the data migration.
There are on-prem in both tenants, but this will be out of scope. The only consideration is both tenants have hybrid AD. Their primary concern is about uncertainty around how to fully migrate AD, devices, and domains, and you are supposed to take care of all their considerations.
Your responsibilities include deploying and configuring virtual machines, storage solutions, network components, and other cloud services. The candidate should have strong expertise in Azure Resource Manager (ARM) templates and PowerShell scripting to automate deployment and management tasks. They should also be familiar with DevOps for continuous integration and deployment. That said, you should have experience with Teams, OneDrive, ShareGate, AvePoint, and all the mentioned services. Lastly, the successful candidate will be a self-motivated individual, who can work effectively in dynamic conditions and within deadlines. That said, the preferred candidate should expect to work 40 hours per week and should be flexible enough to work part-time hours as well.
- A bachelor’s degree from an accredited college/university with Computer Science, Software Engineering, or Information Technology as its major coursework.
- 5+ years’ experience with migrations in IaaS environments, including deployment, configuration, and management of virtual machines, storage accounts, and virtual networks.
- Certifications (preferred): Microsoft Certified: Azure Administrator; Microsoft Certified: Azure Solutions Architect; or certifications related to Active Directory, like MCSA, MCSE, etc.
- 3-5 years of experience in Active Directory management and Azure AD integration.
- Proven experience in planning and executing hybrid AD migrations.
- Proficiency in Windows Server, Active Directory, and Azure AD.
- Familiarity with identity and access management tools.
- Strong troubleshooting abilities to identify and resolve issues related to hybrid AD synchronization.
- Ability to maintain detailed documentation and create user guides.
- Understanding of compliance and regulatory requirements.
- Ability to work effectively as a team and collaborate with various stakeholders.
- Proficiency in Azure Migrate to facilitate the migration of cloud workloads to Azure.
- Strong understanding of load balancers and expertise in configuring and optimizing load-balancing solutions for high availability and scalability.
- Strong understanding of platforms like Teams, Exchange, OneDrive, Microsoft purview, etc.
- Expertise in managing Active Directory services, including domain controllers, user accounts, groups, group policies, and security permissions.
- Sound understanding of Domain Name System (DNS) and its role in resolving domain names to IP addresses, along with practical experience in configuring and troubleshooting DNS services.
- Strong troubleshooting skills, with the capability to identify and resolve Azure infrastructure-related issues promptly and effectively.
- Excellent communication and collaboration skills to work effectively with cross-functional teams, stakeholders, and vendors, ensuring smooth Azure infrastructure operations and project delivery.
Responsibilities of the Desired AD Migration Engineer:
- Design, implement, and manage hybrid migrations.
- Evaluate the existing on-premises Active Directory infrastructure and Azure AD components.
- Configure on-premises Active Directory with Azure AD to establish a seamless hybrid IAM environment.
- Conduct assessments and utilize Azure Migrate to evaluate and facilitate the migration of on-premises workloads to Azure, ensuring a seamless transition.
- Configure and troubleshoot DNS services to ensure reliable name resolution and smooth network communication.
- Set up directory synchronization tools i.e. Azure AD Connect and ensure proper synchronization of user and group accounts between on-premises AD and Azure AD.
- Implement SSO solutions to allow users to access both on-prem and cloud resources with the same credentials.
- Manage password policies and enable self-service password reset options for users in the hybrid AD environment.
- Implement security policies, conditional access, and MFA to enhance the security of hybrid AD resources.
- Ensure compliance with regulatory requirements and organization-specific security standards.
- Maintain Group Policy Objects (GPOs) for both on-prem and Azure-based resources.
- Help with the integration of applications with hybrid AD.
- Provide support for legacy applications and systems that rely on on-premises AD authentication.
- Set up monitoring and alerting for hybrid AD components.
- Implement backup and recovery solutions for hybrid AD.
- Maintain comprehensive documentation.
- Provide training and guidance to IT staff and end-users.
- Integrity (Doing What’s Right)
- Inclusion (Encouraging Diversity)
- Teamwork (Working Together)
- Excellence (Being Your Best)
- Accountability (Taking Personal Responsibility)
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status.