Position: Full-Time Location: Remote Start Date: ASAP Nationality: Any
Windows Management Experts (WME) is seeking a motivated & experienced Cloud Systems Architect for one of our valued clients. To be successful in this role, you will need to have a strong understanding of IT architecture principles and cloud best practices. You will work under the leadership of the team lead to migrate the client’s existing client base into Azure from their Virtual Private Cloud.
The Cloud Technical Architect supports the client’s Cloud environment and its customers. They are responsible for designing, architecting, and implementing Azure-based hosting solutions tailored to our clients’ specific needs. The person in this role will collaborate with the client’s customer base and engineering teams to ensure the successful delivery of complex and evolving high-availability solutions.
The client organization is an able team of high performers, proving that valuing people over profit drives healthy revenue growth. Their management style is untraditional. They don’t have departments and managers, top-down mandates, or rigid bureaucracy. They help organizations get to the Cloud, maximize technology investments, and drive new business.
That said, you’ll be responsible for developing cutting-edge architectural designs for their customers. You’ll have the opportunity to work closely with them and solve their problems. That said, you should have vast experience with a variety of cloud computing platforms and technologies, software development methodologies, and project management principles. You should also be an excellent communicator and have the ability to work independently and as part of a team.
Lastly, WME is looking for some exceptional communication & interpersonal skills in our new team member. The candidate’s toolbox must be complete and diverse. From being technically savvy to displaying a vigorous passion for learning beyond their traditional areas of expertise, they must prove to be an asset to the company.
- Office/Home Environment
- 24/7 on-call rotation
- Preferred coverage hours of 8 AM – 5 PM EST
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, MIS, or equivalent experience.
- 15+ years of experience with systems architecture in the industry.
- Experience with INF as a service
- Proficiency with Powershell scripting & Virtual Networking
- Certified AZ104 AZ204
- Azure certifications such as Microsoft Certified: Azure Solutions Architect Expert.
- Ability to design and troubleshoot complex environments in a hosted capacity (both private and public cloud)
- Proven experience architecting and implementing Azure-based hosting solutions.
- Strong understanding of Azure services, including Azure Virtual Machines, Azure Active Directory, etc.
- Senior (7+ Years) experience with Windows Server, Microsoft Azure, Remote Desktop Services and Citrix (CVAD + NetScalers)
- Intermediate (3+ Years) experience with network concepts (L2, L3, application filtering, routing, VIPs, reverse proxy, etc.)
- Experience with Azure Networking (VNET peers, route tables, application gateways, virtual firewalls, etc.) a plus
- Experience with VMWare and NetApp a plus
- Intermediate (3+ Years) experience with scripting and automation using tools like PowerShell for basic job functions, be prepared to provide use case examples in Azure-hosted scenarios
- Azure CLI and Azure resource deployment automation a plus
- Experience with the Microsoft CSP program, Admin Relationships, and Azure Lighthouse management
- Must be comfortable working on multiple high-profile projects at once.
- Experience in security and compliance within Azure.
- Excellent problem-solving and troubleshooting skills.
- Strong communication and client-facing skills.
- Ability to work independently and collaborate effectively within a team.
- Strong time management and organizational skills.
Responsibilities of the Cloud System Architect:
- Solution Design: Collaborate with clients and internal teams to understand their business requirements and technical needs. Develop customized Azure hosting solutions that align with client goals and industry best practices.
- Architecture Planning: Define and document the architecture and design of Azure hosting solutions, including infrastructure components, security measures, and scalability considerations.
- Technical Leadership: Provide technical leadership and guidance to project teams. Mentor and train team members on Azure technologies and best practices.
- Cloud Migration: Assess existing on-premises or cloud infrastructure and develop migration strategies to transition clients to Azure. Ensure minimal disruption to operations during migrations.
- Security and Compliance: Implement security best practices and compliance measures within Azure hosting solutions. Stay updated on Azure security features and recommend improvements to enhance security posture.
- Performance Optimization: Continuously monitor and optimize Azure environments for performance, cost-efficiency, and scalability. Identify opportunities for automation and implement DevOps practices.
- Troubleshooting: Investigate and resolve complex technical issues related to Azure hosting environments. Provide expert-level support to resolve critical incidents.
- Documentation: Maintain detailed documentation of architecture designs, configurations, and best practices. Create client-facing documentation and reports.
- Vendor Relations: Collaborate with Microsoft and other technology vendors to stay informed about the latest Azure services and features. Evaluate and recommend third-party tools or solutions when necessary.
- Integrity (Doing What’s Right)
- Inclusion (Encouraging Diversity)
- Teamwork (Working Together)
- Excellence (Being Your Best)
- Accountability (Taking Personal Responsibility)
All the qualified applicants will receive due consideration for employment without any regard to their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status.